Thanks for entrusting Hidden Process with your personal information! As specialists in cybersecurity, we recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
In this notice, “we” and “our” means Hidden Process S.R.L., which operates this website.
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal data as described in this privacy notice, please do not use our services or access our website.
In certain circumstances, your personal data may be processed without your consent being required. Such cases are:
- in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual may be threatened;
- when legal, medical, or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to seek consent;
- when personal information is necessary to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect Hidden Process property;
- when disclosure is to a lawyer representing Hidden Process;
- to collect a debt;
- to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, lawful request or legal process; or
- as may be otherwise required or permitted by law.
What Personal Data do we collect?
While visiting, using or interact with our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data.
“Personal Data” or “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number and date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number. Personal Data includes also information such as:
- the services provided to you, such as call/SMS details, location information, and certain information about your rate plans and features, as required by law;
- the location of your device whenever it is switched on, if you subscribe to location-based services, subject to coverage limitations;
- your use of our network, your Internet Protocol addresses, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, network performance experience, diagnostics, such as signal strength, dropped calls, data failures, and other network performance issues, to help us improve our network and quality of products and services, improve your user experience, determine tailored content, create new products and services, and for other legitimate business purposes; and
By Personal Data we do not mean information that only refers to a business corporation or organization, information that does not identify you individually, and/or includes statistical or analytical data and aggregated reports. We also do not mean information that has been “anonymized,” either by removing or de-identifying all specific identifiers. Anonymous data is not personal data when the anonymization is irreversible. When we refer to anonymous data, we mean data that cannot be reversed into personal data.
As a data controller, we commit ourselves to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and users of our products and services with respect to the processing of your personal data.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We may collect your Personal Data by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies which may be downloaded to your device and may set or modify settings on your device. The Personal Data may be collected when you (without the enumeration being exhaustive):
- register for an account on our website;
- submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- use our electronic services or interact with us via our website or use services on our website. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our applications or website;
- carry out transactions through our website or services;
- provide us with feedback or complaints;
- register for a contest or specific events;
- submit your Personal Data to us for any reason.
Sometimes we obtain additional information about you from other reputable data sources. The data these companies might hold about you has been collected from publicly available records, such as the electoral roll or from other sources where you have agreed for your information to be shared with third parties.
We may check our database of registered users against the information they hold on their systems to see if there are any matched individuals. If there is a match, we can collect and store some of this additional information (which may include statements about your lifestyle and interests) in our database and use it to further enhance our understanding of the types of products and services you might be interested in.
We may also match your cookie data with this third party data and aggregate this data into interest-based segments or profiles which we use to develop our products, or serve you more relevant advertising. Sometimes we share these segments with other publishers so they can show you advertising on their websites. We can also pool these segments with those from other publishers so that advertisements can be shown across multiple websites to readers whilst limiting the number of times you see the ads.
Why are we collecting your Personal Data?
We collect, use, disclose and/or use only the minimum Personal Data necessary to meet legitimate business purposes and to deliver, provision, maintain, or develop applications and services. Therefore, we may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity (for example when you return to the website and have already logged in);
- personalizing the advertising you see on the website so that it is more relevant to you;
- personalizing the advertising you see on other publisher websites whilst limiting the number of times you see the advertisements;
- improving the design and style of the website;
- informing you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these types of communications.
- sending you service messages about your subscription or account registration, for example if you have clicked a password reset link. This could be by email, overlay on the website or push notification;
- dealing with and responding to you about a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities;
- enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email;
- communicating (and personalizing such communication) with you through our newsletters, but only those you have consented to receive;
- administering competitions and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions;
- compiling customer reviews;
- conducting market research;
- sending a product to your home address;
- granting you access to a subscription;
- dealing with any query or complaint you submit to our customer services team. Only provide sensitive data (such as information about your health, race or religion) if you are happy to consent to our using it to manage your enquiry;
- sending you push notifications from our apps;
- we also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website;
- to manage and develop our business and operations, e.g.: to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect Hidden Process property, to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations, to enforce Hidden Process’ legal rights, for statistical purposes;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, e.g.: to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
- to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others;
- to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- to deal with and/or facilitate a business asset transaction or a potential business asset transaction, where such transaction involves Hidden Process as a participant or involves only a related corporation or affiliate of Hidden Process as a participant or involves Hidden Process and/or any one or more of Hidden Process’ related corporations or affiliates as participant(s), and there may be other third party organizations who are participants in such transaction. A “business asset transaction” refers to the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organization or a portion of an organization or of any of the business or assets of an organization;
Personal Data collected by third parties
We, and third parties, may from time to time make software applications downloads available for your use on or through the Services. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your User ID, your computer’s IP Address or other information such as what game you are playing during any given session, and any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties. Third party products or services provided through these applications are not owned or controlled by Hidden Process. You are encouraged to read the terms and other policies published by such third parties on their websites or otherwise.
- How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We retain your Personal Data as long as needed to provide services or products to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws. If you make a request for erasure of your Personal Data and we determine that there is a valid basis for your request, we will endeavor to erase the Personal Data within 30 days of your request or inform you if it will take longer.
Retaining, modifying and deleting your Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: (i) request access to your Personal Data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Data; (ii) request erasure of your Personal Data; (iii) request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data; (iv) object to processing your Personal Data; and/or (v) the right to data portability (“collectively, “Requests”). We can only process requests from a user whose identity has been verified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or [URL] when you make a request. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You have the right to obtain from us the Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, and which we process on the basis of your consent, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such Personal Data to another party.
If you wish for us to transfer the Personal Data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the Personal Data or its processing once received by the third party. We also may not provide you with certain Personal Data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the Personal Data we hold about you would reveal information about another person).
The security of your Personal Data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
How to contact us